Goat yoga is so last year. These days, all the cool kids are cuddling cows for stress relief. This latest animal-wellness trend comes to us from the land of tulips, windmills and Rembrandt. The Dutch call it cow hugging, or koe knuffelen, which come to think of it might not be a bad name for a brew. Maybe a milk stout? Here’s the rub: when you nuzzle up to ole Bessie, her warm body and slow heartbeat can bust your stress by releasing feel-good hormones in your brain. Udderly fantastic! In fact, we’re thinking of getting some cows up at the Pint Size Park soon. Invisible cows. Herd, but not seen. But seriously, if you don’t have a cow to cuddle, we’ve got your stress relief here at Barley Creek… great food and brews to put you in a fantastic mooooood. (PS: if you were thinking of getting some stress relief from our limited release APPLEJACK, there are only 4 bottles left.)
Sometimes you just need a bit of weird news, right? For example, what happens when you put six salty parrots in quarantine together? They curse a lot. Like, all the time. That’s what happened at a British Wildlife Park this week. Apparently it got so bad, they had to separate the fowl-mouthed parrots so the kiddies wouldn’t hear them. Their solution? They sent each of the six birds out to a different parrot bubble in the park. What could go wrong? According to the head of the park, it’s *possible* they could um, parrot each other, and the park could end up with 250 cussing birds. That sounds just about right for 2020.
So what do swearing parrots have to do with beer or spirits? Nothing. Not everything is about beer you know. On the other hand, have you seen the menu for our Fall Dinner on October 22 at the Tasting Room? Five amazing courses each paired with a different brew. Oh, and Apple Pie with whiskey infused ice cream for dessert! Space is limited due to social distancing, so email Crystal to reserve your spot now. $50 per person.
We’ve got three ways to relieve stress via the magic of pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Spiced Rum! Our latest distillery release. Because why should beer have all the fun?
- Pumpkin Ale Growler Specials. $10 growlers of Pumpkin Ale. This weekend only. Pumpkin Ale only! Oh, and by the way, Pumpkin Ale is on tap now.
- Pumpkin punch?
Fun fact: sharks can hear a fish swimming over a mile away, can smell one drop of blood in a million drops of water, and can sense that you are sitting on your couch watching Shark Week. That’s right, all this week, the Discovery Channel is pumping out something like 200 hours of fintastic sharky programming, sending shark lovers off the deep end into a viewing frenzy. Which got us to thinking… You know what would go great with that? No, not a bigger boat. How about some sharky curbside cocktails to go? It’s like Sharks Gone Wild around Barley Creek this week! We’ve got the Coconut Rum fun of the Chum Bucket at the Mothership and the Vanilla Vodka vamp of Shark Bait Hoo-Ha-Ha at the Tasting Room, both with gummy sharks circling. On the other hand, if you’re more of a landlubber looking for calmer waters, the brewers have just tapped a brand-new brew: the Streamside Lemon Shandy. It’s a light-bodied lager brewed with great German malts, then fermented on lemon peels and blended with fresh, hand-squeezed lemon juice. Coming in at 5.6% ABV and 13 IBUs, it’s the perfect summer brew. And if you’re looking for something to sink your teeth into, make sure you make it down to Barley Creek this weekend to check out our great slate of weekend specials. Happy (almost) weekend everybody!
Now you can bring the bar home! We’re offering a variety of Curbside Cocktails available to go in sealed containers. Check out our new Curbside Cocktail menu, featuring specialty cocktails like Strawberry Coconut Mojitos and Basil Grapefruit Spritzers, Poptails like Whiskey Sour Pops and Strawberry Lemonade Pops, as well as Vodka, Gin, Whiskey and Bourbon Cocktails with your choice of mixers. Curbside Cocktails are available in various sizes, including 16oz cups, 22oz adult drink pouches, 32oz cans, 32oz shareable pourable boxes, and 64oz glass jugs. The menu is always evolving so check back often to see what’s featured this week! Just a reminder: you can’t have an open container in your vehicle. Cocktails to-go may only be transported in your vehicle’s trunk or some other area of the vehicle that’s not occupied by the driver or passengers. Curbside Cocktails are available for pick-up only (not delivery). Cheers!
There’s something sweet going on in the distillery. So, what’s the buzz about? Oh honey, you’re gonna love this: Barley Creek Honey Whiskey makes its debut today. The silky sweetness of honey meets the cozy warmth of whiskey. You gotta hive it! Look, we’re not saying that our Honey Whiskey will take the sting out of quarantine, but it’s definitely worth a shot. Go ahead and put this at the top of your Honey-Do list. We can wax poetic and drone on and on, but you get the picture, right? Get Honey Whiskey. Bee happy.
So, this might be the weirdest Mother’s day ever, right? But, guess what? Mother’s Day is NOT cancelled! Whether you’re social distancing from Mom or driving her crazy — oops, we mean quarantining with her — you can still make this day special. We’ve got you covered. Four words of advice:
- Do NOT make Mom cook today! You can still do Brunch and dinner! We’ve got an awesome Brunch package and Prime Rib dinner that each feeds a family of four. Available on Saturday & Sunday for pick-up or delivery – order here.
- Mom *might* need a pick-me-up (yeah – almost definitely). We’ve got two different “Momosa” baskets and a Build-Your-Own Cocktail Kit that comes with candles, coffee and – yup – booze.
- Pick up your dirty socks, ya filthy animals!
- Say I love you. Often and loudly! Whether it’s in person, or via Facetime-Skype-Zoomaloomadingdong. Take it from us – this is what all Moms need to hear the most!
Sending love to all the Moms, Aunts, Grammas, and other special women out there. Cheers and Happy Mother’s Day!
As you know, Governor Wolf issued a stay-at-home order for some PA counties, including Monroe. As an essential food supplier, Barley Creek will remain open for pick-up and delivery in order to help get food out to the community. Here’s what you need to know:
- All orders should be placed by phone (570-629-9399) or order online.
- When you come to pick up your order, park in the designated parking spot and then call to confirm that your order is ready. When it’s ready, you can come inside to pick it up or, if you prefer, we can bring it out to your car.
- Delivery is also available online through Doordash.
- Menus are available online here.
- Beer, wine and spirits are also available for pick-up and delivery.
- We’re still making hand-sanitizer. While supplies last, we may be able to include a small bottle with your to-go order if requested.
- We’re looking at ways to expand our offerings to help meet key community needs and possibly save you an extra stop somewhere. This could include heat-and-eat meal kits, groceries, and other common household supplies. We’ll keep you posted.
- We’ll keep posting daily specials and updates on the website, through Ale Mail, and on social media. Follow us here on Instagram and Facebook.
Thank you so much to all of you who are continuing to support Barley Creek as we try to support our community. Stay healthy and stay sane! We’ll get through this together.
A banana duct taped to a wall just sold for $120,000 at a Miami art festival. True story. It would make a very a-peeling Christmas present. But what does it mean? Sometimes a banana is just a banana. But, that Barley Creek Moscow Mule duct taped to the wall? That’s art! Notice the high quality blue duct tape. This Barley Creek original art is now on sale for only $60,000 – otherwise known as half a banana in the art world. We’re not monkeying around. We’ve got bunches of these at the Tasting Room & Pub. And, if you want to forego the artsy duct tape, you can pick up some Moscow Mules for considerably less than $60,000. Just saying.