When the cornerstone for Barley Creek Brewing Company was laid in 1792, it marked the start of what would become one of the most historic buildings in America. The building would eventally grow to include 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, 28 fireplaces, a tennis court, swimming pool, movie theatre and bowling alley. Oh, wait… that’s the White House.
Sorry. Barley Creek Brewing Company, the Pocono Mountains’ original brewpub, was established in 1995 with a traditional Pennsylvania timber-frame barn raising. And though our building is a little bit smaller than the White House, we have a lot of stuff the White House doesn’t have, like a Brewtique and Beer-Bear in our “living room,” a full canoe on top of our mug rack, a mailbox made out of a beer keg (the “Ale Box”), and an official wiffle ball stadium. Plus, we have a BREWERY (!) and DISTILLERY (!!) where we MAKE OUR OWN BEER AND SPIRITS! Hey, we’re sure the White House is a nice place and all, but we’re just saying… we’d rather be at Barley Creek.
On December 15, 1995, Eileen and Trip Ruvane opened Barley Creek Brewing Company, the first microbrewery in the Pocono Mountains since Prohibition. Since then, we’ve brewed more than 100 different styles of beer, opened a small-batch distillery for whiskey, rum and other spirits, served up eleventy-billion French fries, invented Firkin Curling, struck out Chase Utley at the Pint Size Park, won a bunch of awards, and hung out with tons of really cool people. Best job ever. Thanks for stopping by and being part of the Barley Creek family!
What The Creek
- A great menu of mouthwatering authentic pub fare, steaks, fresh seafood, pasta, salads, burgers, smoked BBQ specialties, brick oven pizzas, and more.
- Handcrafted, award-winning ales and lagers brewed and served on site
- An on-site distillery where we brew small batches of whiskey, rum and other spirits
- An awesome selection of guest brews, wine, cocktails, and specialty drinks
- Free brewery tours and tastings* every day at 12:30pm
- Kids menu and game room to keep everyone happy
- The Pint Size Park and Beer Garden, serving up succulent BBQ, frosty drinks, and tons of family fun
- The coolest Brewtique gift shop in the mountains
- Unforgettable private parties on-site or off-site
- More fun than humans deserve!
*tastings for guests 21+